[Gvsig_english] Georeferencing MrSID (.sid) format image

Payne Denis Denis.Payne at cambridgeshire.gov.uk
Wed Nov 26 14:18:02 CET 2008

I have 4 large .sid format images I need to load. They are 12.5cm
resolution aerial photography each covering 5km*5km. I'm working in UK
Nat Grid, and using gvsig 1.1.2

They open OK - but not properly position. They show as being at the
origin. I have tried georeferencing them - but whilst the process
appears OK that doesn't appear to solve the problem. I have what looks
like a valid .rmf file from that process.

I've tried using IrfranView to convert to .jpg format, but that doesn't
retain the resolution of the original .sid format images.

I'd welcome any suggestions as to how I can get these, at full
resolution, properly positioned, into gvsig

Many thanks

Denis

The information in this email is confidential and  may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please  notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily  represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues.