[Gvsig_english] problem when using the georeferencing function in gvSIG 1.1.2

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 26 20:27:55 CET 2008

Wolfgang Qual ha scritto:
> Dear list,
> I tried several times to georeference an image file using the georeferencing function of gvSIG 1.1.2 - and failed. Everytime, I placed 3 tic-points (located more or less at the corners of the image itself) and corresponding points on the vector map. However, when clicking on OK (to finish the georeferencing process). The picture looks very strange. Image file and vector dataset do not fit together as they should. I would expect that at least the three tic-point pairs would fit, but they do not. Another thing which is worrying me is that although I am able to reload the "georeferenced" layer, via Add layer --> Georeference..., but I cannot see the table of  the coordinates of the georeferencing process. This should be possible, I think.
> I am using gvSIG 1.1.2 on linux (1045). I would be very glad, if you could write some comments on this issue - is the georeferencing extension working on your machine? Are there any known bugs? What should one keep in mind when using this tool? Use more tic-points (but normally, 3 should be enough, I thought)...

Hi Wolfgang,
- gvSIG 1.1.2 performs only affine transformation, not rubbersheeting;
- and your central control point seems to be not correct.
That's why "image file and vector dataset do not fit together as they
should". Change that control point and retry... it should work quite fine!

Regards,
Antonio