[Gvsig_english] Creating density raster/isolines out of point layer

davk davkprivat at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:50:31 CEST 2008

Hi and thanks for your help guys,

finally I managed to create a kernel density map. Because of my large layer
I had to choose a bigger cell size. Instead of 1 I chose 40 with a high
search radius and got a beautiful density raster map now!
It seems to me that gvSIG has some problems when it comes to calculations
which your computer can't handle in a short range of time, because in these
cases gvSIG doesn't use all of the PC's performance. This happened for me
for the raster density calculations with too little cell size, and now also
with the vectorization of the raster layer into polygons or contour lines.

So in my case I will probably just draw polygons on a new vector layer or
simply use the raster map. So thanks a lot for your help!

greetings davk