[Gvsig_english] Again: high-quality printing: support of the development

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Tue Oct 14 18:01:30 CEST 2008

Hello Benjamin,

> Well, let's maybe start with a detailed plan of what features would
> definitely have to go into the gvSIG map production facility.
We could start this list with this thread. Or start new one?

> Once that is done, maybe some gvSIG developer(s) on this list could give
> us an estimate on how much it would cost to implement them.
>
> Once a figure has been established, it might be easier to plan
> the funding.
Completely agree with you. There might be different solutions that should be discussed here (image raster, eps, ps, directly create pdf/x-..., vector file export: SVG). Then find out, what is the best for whom

> Ben
>
> P.S.: Have you looked into inkscape? It has great alignment functions
> for quick map layouts and very fine-grained control over output quality.
I really like inkscape. However, only png-export is possible. I know some guys who made a really nice map of OSM content using inkscape, gimp, ... This is definitely interesting [1], but you would need a high-resolution image from gvSIG. Or better: SVG! And I would prefer to have a single piece solution. However, users should be encourage to "invent" workarounds and publish them (on the coming gvSIG-Wiki or plone...). That would be a great thing!!

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Frederik_Ramm/Freiburg_Map

Best,
Wolfgang

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx