[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Java on Mac OS X

Mijail hmijail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:52:06 CEST 2008

Maybe good news: the log you sent now says this:
" La máquina virtual con la que se ejecuta gvSIG no tiene JAI instalado"

Which is spanish for "JAI is not installed in the VM executing gvSIG".
(I guess that should be localized or translated! :P)

Also, in this log the JCRS error looks directly related to JAI:
ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-1] (?:?) - Cannot locate extension
classorg.gvsig.crs.JCrsExtension
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/jai/EnumeratedParameter

Problem is, ... where to get JAI for SoyLatte?
If it is not available as opensourced, my first idea is to try the JAI
installed in OS X's Java, which you will find in /System/Library/Java/
Extensions/ . (I hope Apple didn't do anything unholy to them)
Or maybe the .jar's (that is, the non-native parts) of the JAI
distribution for Linux or Windows.
(and while we're at it, which JAI-ImageIO did you use? the one
included with gvSIG, I hope...).