[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Java on Mac OS X

Mijail hmijail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:46:49 CEST 2008

El 17/10/2008, a las 16:21, Benjamin Ducke escribió:

> OK, this all sounds promising and straight-forward.
>
> Indeed: the SoyLatte JRE runs on X11, so for anyone to use this
> version,
> they have to:
>
> 1. Make sure X11 is installed

I seem to remember it was installed by default in OS X 10.4 (Tiger),
and maybe even without option in 10.5 (Leopard)

> 2. Live with the fact that it looks like an X11 app (So what?)

You know, (we) mac people can sometimes be a bit obtuse ;). And the
difference is harder to notice if you come from other platforms.
But I am sure there will be people willing to stand the ugliness /
lack of integration.

> I will "unbundle" things as you suggested. I will also give it some
> more intensive testing. If that's useful for you as well: all the
> better!

I hope it will be useful for other mac users. So if I can help in any
way, please let me know.

> Is there a way for my shell script to know it's own location in the
> file
> system, so it can figure out all needed paths?

thisDir="${0%/*}"
(I use that in (inner bundle).*/Contents/MacOS/preJava)
Also, running a bundle is supposed to prepare a couple of variables
(mapped to environment variables?) pointing to the interesting dirs.
Try to dump them in the shell to look for them.

> For this week, I will give it a rest and resume work on it on Monday.
>
> Thanks a lot again for all the help and have a nice weekend!

Nice weekend!
(please remember to test native libraries' functionality, like loading
a TIFF. And some screenshots would be very interesting - is it Aqua-
like or Metal-like?)