[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Java on Mac OS X

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 13:31:36 CEST 2008

OK, I ran some tests using SEXTANTE 0.53 and different Java
virtual machines (1.5 and 1.6). I got the results I expected
and they were the same for all JRE versions.

So, I am switching back to SEXTANTE 0.53 for good now!

I am getting very close to releasing a new, fully self-contained
Mac version with a customized installer now. There is only one
remaining problem that keeps frustrating me:

I can't seem to figure out how to set up a simple Info.plist
in the package so it will start my shell script. All works fine
from the command line. But there seems to be now way Mac OS X
accepts a shell script in the package's "MacOS" folder as an
executable. It simply won't start. Did I miss something?
Is it necessary to install some helper application on Mac OS X
to launch a shell script from the desktop or out of a .app package?

Ben

Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:
> Ben,
> I was on the field. I have checked then with several commands. Example
> nearest neighbour:
> # your bundle:
> Vecino más cercano
> Distancia media:0
> Distancia esperada:7,009
> Distancia esperada corregida con efecto borde:7,068
> Varianza:0,005
> Varianza corregida con efecto borde:0,006
> Índice de vecino mas próximo:0
> Índice de vecino mas próximo corregido:0
> Valor Z:-94,576
> Valor Z corregido:-92,075
> # The same shape with sextante 0.53
>
>     *
>

>           o          Distancia media:0,911
>           o Distancia esperada:7,009
>           o Distancia esperada corregida con efecto borde:7,068
>           o Varianza:0,005
>           o Varianza corregida con efecto borde:0,006
>           o Índice de vecino mas próximo:0,13
>           o Índice de vecino mas próximo corregido:0,129
>           o Valor Z:-82,278
>           o Valor Z corregido:-80,202
>
> It's obvious that yours (maybe when running in a Spanish locale) lost
> the decimals. I have checked it with several set of points and it
> happens consistently HOWEVER quadrant analysis produces the very same
> results. May first guess was that maybe there was some problem with big
> set of points but the same happens with smaller sets (see the last example)

> #Yours
> Análisis por cuadrantes
> Media1,996732
> Varianza =39,511427
> Coeficiente de variación [~0 = uniforme, ~1 = aleatorio, >1 = agregado]
> =19,788047
> Valor D del Test de Kolmogorov-Smirnov =0,731052
> Valor crítico al 5% =0,038873
>

>   #sextante 0.53
>

>          nálisis por cuadrantes
>
>     * Media1,996732
>     * Varianza =39,511427
>     * Coeficiente de variación [~0 = uniforme, ~1 = aleatorio, >1 =
>       agregado] =19,788047
>     * Valor D del Test de Kolmogorov-Smirnov =0,731052
>     * Valor crítico al 5% =0,038873
>     *
>
> With the attached set:
> Vecino más cercano
> Distancia media:0
> Distancia esperada:2,482
> Distancia esperada corregida con efecto borde:2,56
> Varianza:0,009
> Varianza corregida con efecto borde:0,01
> Índice de vecino mas próximo:0
> Índice de vecino mas próximo corregido:0
> Valor Z:-26,577
> Valor Z corregido:-25,166
>

>            Vecino más cercano
>
>     * Distancia media:2,239
>     * Distancia esperada:2,482
>     * Distancia esperada corregida con efecto borde:2,56
>     * Varianza:0,009
>     * Varianza corregida con efecto borde:0,01
>     * Índice de vecino mas próximo:0,902
>     * Índice de vecino mas próximo corregido:0,875
>     * Valor Z:-2,593
>     * Valor Z corregido:-3,154

> [...]

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES