[Gvsig_english] Re: setup development environment

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 10:12:23 CEST 2008

Thanks for the quick reply. We now have quite a bit of experience with
1.1.2 and for us it would be very important to make sure that the
problems we have found in that version will not be carried over to 2.0.

Thus my question: will there be some alpha and beta versions of 2.0
released, so I can check it against my list of existing problems
and report back to you before 2.0 final comes out?

I would also be very keen to help smooth out the English user interface
translation. For 1.1.2, there are UI translations in other languages
that are far better and more accurate than the English one. So I think
the English translations need to be brought up to the same standard
before a 2.0 release.

After the 2.0 stable release, we would look to get actively involved
in the development process.

As far as additional functionality is concerned (i.e. things hat we
would really like to have in our company but will not be included
in 2.0) -- we should probably first look into developing that as
plug-ins.

Cheers,

Ben

Miguel Montesinos wrote:
> Sorry, my finger were faster than my mind.
>
> Here are the link of the plugins (and other things) download.
>
> https://gvsig.org/web/plugins/downloads
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel Montesinos

> Asunto: Re: [Gvsig_english] Re: setup development environment
>

> Thank you Jorge.
> We'll wait for you instructions.
>
> Giovanni
>
> 2008/9/25 Jorge Sanz <jsanz at prodevelop.es>:

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES