[Gvsig_english] some remarks/wishes for the field calculator

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 3 17:04:59 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Qual ha scritto:
> Hi list, hello developers.
> I have some wishes for the enhancement of the field calculator/table-tools. it would be very great, if they could be realized in a next version of the wonderful gvSIG.
>
> 1) possibility to add integer values _without_ decimal places: actually, this is a bug. I need to add integer values for P.O.-codes, housenumbers etc. Currently, gvSIG is always writing "34.0" or something like this.

+1 (max priority)

> 2) possibility to calculate a series of numbers like 1,2,3,4... . I often need this function in ArcView (create ID-values for each row).

+1 (intermediate priority, sometimes useful)

> 3) possibility to alter the order of the columns. this is not that important, but sometimes quite nice-to-have.

+1 (low priority)

> 4) possibility to perform a sorting of the records based on more than one column (well this is a "wow"-wish. I know that this would cost lots of work for you.

+ 1 (low priority)

> Any comments are appreciated very much.

5) possibility to export tables as .dbf, .csv, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc.
(max priority)
6) possibility to import tables into the maps (intermediate priority)
7) possibility to verify the correctness of expressions in field
calculator before their execution (intermediate priority)
8) possibility to import SQLite tables (intermediate priority)

There are too much possibilities! :)

Best regards,
Antonio

--