[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and external tables, font-encoding etc.

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Tue Apr 7 12:31:26 CEST 2009

Hi Francisco, list and: developers.
Great thanks to Francisco for his answers. Unfortunately, my problem is not
yet solved. I set the encoding on my machine to latin-1 (export LANG=...),
but now, it is not even possible to manually enter these german umlauts.
I will revert this setting.
I consider this encoding-issue as very important; therefore, I would like to
ask the gvSIG-team, whether a function (like extShalom) to set the encoding
will be added to gvSIG core functionality. I am really surprised that I did
not discover this issue before ;(
BTW, postGIS (@Francisco) is no option for me, as I have no
postGIS-installation here...

Best,