[Gvsig_english] Additional symbology

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Mon Apr 20 11:48:46 CEST 2009

Am Montag 20 April 2009 10:07:04 schrieb Sal Garfi:
> Dear users,
>
> I am new to gvSIG, but with some previous experience of GIS, however, is it
> possible to increase the number of symbols that can be used in a data view,
> or, can symbols like circles, squares and triangles be given outlines of
> different colours? Perhaps someone has developed a plug-in for better
> symbology, or, can something like WINGDINGS from Windows' FONTS be
> imported, and if so, how?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sal Garfi

Dear Sal,
I do not know which gvSIG-version you are using. But you should try the latest
unstable version 1.9 something (available here [1]). There, a complete new
symbol library is built-in: you can add svg-pictures, add truetype fonts and
create new symbols from existing ones. There are so many new possibilities. I
remeber that there was one gvSIG user from italy who created some nice svg
symbols. But I cannot find the link at the moment. The stable version of 1.9
will hopefully be released in a few months.

Best,
Wolfgang

[1] https://gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/devel/gvsig-1_9/gvsig-1_9_0/