[Gvsig_english] two shapefile editing questions

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Wed Apr 22 16:33:01 CEST 2009

Hi Joanne and Wolfgang,

About question 2, I think you can do that with the new editing Merge
tool (gvSIG v1.9). Using it, it will create a multipart feature, with
one unique record into the attribute table. The only 'bad thing' is that
you loose the attributes of one of both original features, because it
only keeps the attributes of the first selected.

You can use this tool with polygons or lines (even if they are not
touching), but not with points.

Regards,
Sergio.