[Gvsig_english] problem or question regarding join function

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Mon Apr 27 09:54:09 CEST 2009

Hi list,
I just did the same thing with ArcView 3.2 - it worked. It seems as if gvSIG
does not allow to create an x/y theme from a table that contains table-joins.
I really hope that this will be possible soon. For us in the Department,
assigning coordinates to addresses is a very important task which is done
really frequently. How do you deal with this? Any ideas for alternatives?
(sigh)

Best,
Wolfgang

ps: some more details to my last post:
the point-address file contains about 200.000 elements, each address is
unique.
The other file is a list of all physicians in my town. Of course, addresses
are not unique in this file (more than one physician in one house). What I
have to do now is to create a map of those physicians. Therefore, the
coordinates of the point shapefile need to be assigned to the list in order
to create a x/y theme (also called event-theme). Both columns that are used
for the join contain string-values.