[Gvsig_english] GVsıg SEXTANTE clip algorithm error

cemre yilmaz cemre.yilmaz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 10:58:56 CEST 2009

 Hello all,

I have some questions about the SEXTANTE and clip algorithm;

I tried clip algorithm of SEXTANTE on gvSIG desktop software ( gvSIG 1.1.2
with the sextante_gvSIG_installer_0.3.jar). I have tried clip function with
SEXTANTE’s algorithm the returned result was wrong. But when I have tried
the operation with clip function of gvSIG’s own geoprocess, the result was
true.

1- I looked for the SEXTANTE’s clip algorithm source code on this adress:

a)
https://svn.forge.osor.eu/svn/sextante/soft/sextante_gvSIG/extVectorTools/src/es/unex/sextante/extVectorTools/clip/ClipAlgorithm.java

and also
b)
https://svn.forge.osor.eu/svn/sextante/soft/sextante_lib/vectorTools/src/es/unex/sextante/vectorTools/clip/ClipAlgorithm.java

But these codes are different from each other. Which one of these codes is
clip algorithm of SEXTANTE? If these codes are not belong to that clip
algorithm on SEXTANTE, how can I see the java code of it? Could you please
send me the code?

2- When I tried to clip two GML data with SEXTANTE, the clip function didn’t
activate, doesn’t it support GML and which data formats does SEXTANTE
support? gvSIG knows GML format and there is no problem while working with
it.

3- In clip algorithm, input layer and the clip layer is whole layers. For my
application purpose, I want to clip the input layer with one of the features
in the clip layer. (For example; I want to clip buildings with one parcel
feature in the parcel layer. My aim is to clip the buildings in one parcel)
So, I want to learn how can I modify the java code of algorithm?

Could you please inform me about these questios as soon as possible. It is
very urgent for my study.

Best Regards,

Vurfem