[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9-RC1 (unstable) now available.

comunicacion_gvsig at gva.es comunicacion_gvsig at gva.es
Mon Aug 3 16:05:28 CEST 2009

Trying to meet the deadlines announced last April, the first gvSIG 1.9
Release Candidate (gvSIG 1.9 RC1) is now available [1].

After fixing the majority of important errors detected, the
stabilization phase of this version is coming to its end, at which
time we will release a series of RC distributions so that they are
tested by as many users as possible.

We remind you that gvSIG 1.9 RC1 is still an unstable version, so we
recommend you not to use it in a production environment. However, we
encourage you to test it and send us any errors and suggestions so
that we can release the stable version as soon as possible.

Likewise, we would like to remind you of the main new features of this
version:
- Advanced symbology.
- Advanced labelling.
- More raster tools.
- More CAD tools.

Consult the new features complet list at [2].

[1] http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=2062&L=2
[2] http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=2067&L=0&L=2

Please don't reply this email, if you wish to contact us, send an email to
comunicacion_gvsig at gva.es
News Office
gvSIG project
Regional Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport - Valencian Government