[Gvsig_english] Failure of Postgis connection & IMG file access for gvSIG 1.9 RC1

Bong Thai Kwong bongtk at sains.com.my
Fri Aug 7 04:23:34 CEST 2009

hi, all,

goodday!
i would like to report some of the gvsig 1.9 rc1 faults as below:

(a) i encountered problem of postgis disconnection after performing
the following steps:
1. add in layer of postgis containing more than 30,000 features, say
river.
2. filter the layer, e.g. rivername ="amazon" and zoom to selected.
3. remove the postgis layer again.
repeat 1, 2, and 3. this time quite likely you will stuck in the step
of 2 , with display error dialog box
message "java.lang.NullPointerException", and followed by
message "Can't read the driver: PostGIS Driver". the only thing could
be done is close gvsig and restart gvsig to reconnect postgis.

we had tested in several machines and the same problem occured.
actually the problem already there in gvSIG 1.1.

(b) Connection "IMG" imagery.
i add in the layer of IMG, gvSIG hang.

in gvSIG 1.1, IMG could be added in; but problem is that image display
is inconsistant; nothing is display when we zoom to AOI.

we hope these 2 problems could be rectified in gvsig 1.9.
appreciate, 10s.

cheers, bongtk