[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (1243) some issues regarding the latest version

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at muenchen.de
Wed Aug 19 10:16:15 CEST 2009

Hi list,
again, I made a new test. I thought that empty cells may cause the
problem with cropped/mixed cell content. Therefore, I deleted all
columns that contain no values. Also colums were deleted
which do contain only few empty cells. Then, I added some new fields and
used the field calculator. Afterwards, I changed the name of some
columns and closed the field manager.
The table looked nice, but when my edits were saved (left the edit
mode), all got mixed up again. Very frustrating. I could reproduce this
behaviour more than 5 times. It seems as if using the field manager to
delete some columns causes the problem. Screenshot enclosed (there are
values like "llgemeinmedizin" and "rau", "err" which should be
"Allgmeinmedizin", "Herr" and "Frau".

Additionally, it seems to be very important to define the correct font
encoding, _before_ one starts an editing session. Otherwise, the table
will be not usable any more, as umlauts cannot be restored again...

Best,
Wolfgang

----

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm