[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9/2.0 please add mapserver publish extension! Please add your comments!

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at muenchen.de
Fri Aug 28 09:36:57 CEST 2009

Dear users, gvSIG-team
I guess we're all curious about the release of the stable 1.9 and
especially 2.0 of gvSIG. I really hope that this moment will com true
very soon.
So many new features will then be available, especially regarding
symbology, table functions and and... The release candidate (or call it
unstable version) of 1.9
can be tested by us. Also, some extensions are already available ...
_except_: the publish extension.
I really love this extension, as it allows me to create a nice mapfile
out of my gvSIG (1.1.2) map. And I really need this function to be
integrated in 1.9 and 2.0.
I assume that I am not the only one. Therefore, I would like to start a
little discussion on this topic in order to find out:

* who needs this extension and
* for what purpose
* what should be included, what is missing

I have the feeling that the gvSIG team _would like to add this
extension_ to the next version of gvSIG. However, I have also the
feeling that they _would like to add all new_ symbology _options_ to the
mapfile-export.
This is - in my opinion - not necessary. I would be very very happy, if
gvSIG would allow me to create a more simple mapfile with basic options
regarding symbology, labels and
reliable colour definition. Not much more. A simple extension would be
far better than no publish extension at all. Switching from one gvSIG
version to another just to be able to create a mapfile is no option for
me at all.
I understand that you are busy with the refactoring and stabilization.
But still, we should not forget this!
Again: any comments appreciated.
Keep on writing!

Best regards,
Wolfgang
--

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm