[Gvsig_english] from multipoint to point shape

Johannes Valenta spatialjoe at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:02:55 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I tried to use *geometries to points* but Sextante won't accept my
multipoint layer  which I created in gvSIG.
While Antonio was answering I found the follwing "not so complicated"
workaround:
-export multipoint shp to PostGIS
-use this SQL-Statment:
"SELECT ST_X(geom) As x, ST_Y(geom) as y
FROM (SELECT (ST_Dump(mpt.the_geom)).geom
   FROM multipointtest mpt)AS mpt;"
this will explode the multipoints into points (function ST_Dump) and
create  the coordinates columns (functions ST_X and ST_Y)
-Export the results as csv
-Add csv as Event Layer in gvSIG
- be happy ;-)
see screenshot