[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Windows 7 and Windows XP

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:06:58 CET 2009

Hi Lars-Göran,
about gvsig 1.1.2 and 3D pilot extension, the 3D part was only a
preliminary work, so not many functionalities are expected to work.

about gvsig 1.9+3D extension with bn10,

Not all kind of shp with Z can be loaded, by now only a small set of
them, I will try to add the possibility to select which attribute
could be used for heights in the next build.

About DEM files, are they loaded in a standard View?. If they are
loaded correctly then the  problem is on the 3D part :), I know not
always is possible but  could you send me a DEM example file?, so I
can test it.

About gui render problems is a known problem, hard to solve, but we
are working in a proper solution, If you have installed the 3D
extension I recommend you use the DockingManager Skin (you can change
it in preferences panel), maybe some of the gui issues will be solved
with this skin.

Rafa.

2009/12/7 Lars-Göran Edholm <lged.morris at gmail.com>:
> Hi again!
> Running Gvsig1.1.1 + 1.1.2  +  3D pilot in Windows XP no - problems to load
> DEM files in 3D
> Running Gvsig1.9 + gvsig 3D extension in WindowsXP - no problems to load
> regular image files but DEM files never show up in the map window,
> just in the layer list and the application has problem to render the GUI
> Running Gvsig1.9 + gvsig 3D extension in WindowsXP loading shp-files with
> Isocurves and Z only shows the curves flat (2D) in 3D
> Has anyone succeded to run Gvsig1.9 + gvsig 3D extension in WindowsXP in 3D
> with DEM files?
>
> Lars-Göran

Rafael Gaitán Linares
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial  http://www.ai2.upv.es