[Gvsig_english] No problems reprojecting from GK to UTM usingBETA2007

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri Dec 11 22:47:14 CET 2009

Hello, Heinz:

I have done the test you describe and indeed the points in the CSV file are not a subset of the GSB grid, but the error is almost zero. If we are honest, we'll have to look for an explanation, no? Here is my guess: the CSV file was created using the GSB grid. I misunderstood the goal of that verification file (perhaps the Australian file too?). They are not used to check if the grid works fine. They are used to check that your GIS software knows how to deal with the grid. This is my second hypothesis :-)

As for the transformation with code 1780 available in gvSIG, I have used it and get the expected errors (< 5m):

3.43 m
2.85 m
0.15 m
etc.

Perhaps you have not chosen the right options? I have used gvSIG 1.1.2 because I am on Windows Vista.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)