[Gvsig_english] gvSIG OA Digital Edition 2010 Beta out now

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 18:03:03 CET 2009

----- "silvio grosso" <grossosilvio at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Is there some short "manual" or tutorial for the OADE edtion?

Yes, there is:

ftp://88.208.250.116/gvSIG_OADE_Quickstart.pdf

I just haven't got around to updating it for the new gvSIG 1.9
features yet.

> 2. When do you plan to release the stable version?

In January 2010. The beta can be considered stable, though.
The final version will just include some more extras
(and hopefully run on Mac OS X and Win7 at some point).

> I suppose we are talking around June 2010?
> I think so because the gvSIG 2 release is planned for May 2010, or, at
> least, I have read so on the gvSIG's Italian mailing list :-)

Maybe, but it will take a lot longer than that before all the
relevant extensions have also been ported to the new 2.0 code base.
Version 1.9 works nicely now and is feature-complete, so I expect
we will be using it at OA at least throughout 2010.

Once the 2.0 codebase has matured and all the functions and extensions
have been ported, we will switch to that and produce the next major
version of gvSIG OADE.

> THANKS a lot for your work :-)
> It is really, really appreciated!

My pleasure.