[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2 and charts (pie - diagrams)

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 17 21:23:53 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I have been reading some reports of the 5th gvSIG Conference in my spare time :-)
One interesting Pdf article about the "gvSIG Internationalitazion" (by José Antonio Canalejo) offers an important input about a feature I suppose many users are looking for.
In short, the option to get diagrams and pies  in gvSIG.
On page 18 of this report, I have found out a picture about what, I suppose, is some development version of gvSIG.
In this image pie charts are shown. I have attached this image (gvSIG_diagrams.jpg).
Strangely enough, all menus in this image were in German and not in Spanish.

I have read the first Beta version of gvSIG 2 should appear in May - June 2010.
Consequently, I suppose we have to wait only few months in order to get diagrams with gvSIG ;-)

I only hope the image I have attached is "real". That is, not a mock-up :-)

Best regards and keep up the wonderful work.
Lately, every day, we are offered a new great "surprise" about gvSIG 2 :-)

Silvio Grosso