[Gvsig_english] A wish for labeling using the attribute table: place labels at the beginning of the line

Victoria Agazzi agazzi_vic at gva.es
Wed Feb 4 14:38:18 CET 2009

Hi again,

Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> Hi developers, list.
> The labeling features of gvSIG already a very nice option: labeling with attribute table. This feature is very useful for some of some of our geometries (which do have some information for label placement in the attribute table), but it could be even better.
> Currently, all labels are placed centered on the line. However, we would need an option that would place the labels at the beginning of the line. Having a very detailed labeling shape for our City (City of Munich), the current labeling feature of gvSIG produces often overlapping labels because of the label placement (see attached screenshot). Would it be possible to add an option "place labels at the beginning of the line"? Would be a great help.

Have a look to the option User defined label/label features in the same
way. In the Properties window set the field's name into brackets
[NAMEFIELD] , and then in the Placement window you can choose the
location of the label.  I think this is what you need.
> And I would be very happy, if you could send me some comments on this.

You can also have a look at the draft manual at:
https://gvsig.org/web/docusr/userguide-gvsig-2-0/simbologia-y-etiquetado/index1_html-en/view?set_language=en

Viqui-.