[Gvsig_english] News from carthema??

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 13:13:32 CET 2009

Right,

most of the thematic mapping capabilities of CarThema seem to be superseded
by gvSIG 2.0's equally powerful symbology options. The only missing thing
are pie charts etc. for mapping variable distributions at geographic locations.

If you look at the CarThema 5 "proof of concept" for gvSIG, all they are doing is
showing you how to create maps similar to CarThema 4 using gvSIG's own tools
(plus they integrate two drivers for the TAB and BNA formats they seem
to use):

http://carthema.iict.ch/carthema5-trac/wiki/protoM2

So nothing to get too excited about, especially seeing that above page is now
> 2 years since the last update.

Would probably be more interesting to use a powerful Java diagramming toolkit as
suggested by Silvio and integrate that into gvSIG's symbology options.

Ben