[Gvsig_english] Oracle Spatial and JDBC

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Feb 19 12:30:28 CET 2009

Hello.

>From the log file you have sent, I guess you are trying to add a table to your gvSIG project (project manager - table - new - database). This functionality is normally used with alphanumeric databases but has known bugs, and does not work most of the times.

But you say you have an Oracle Spatial database. If your tables have geometry fields, you can add them as vector layers (project manager - view - new - add layer - GeoBD) and then the attributes of that layer will be filled with the alphanumeric columns of the table. If your tables do not have geometry fields, perhaps you can add a geometry field with a NULL value, or a very simple geometry. In this case, you will have to update the view MDSYS.USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)