[Gvsig_english] Problem linking two tables together and filtering

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 23 11:55:45 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

Nik Go wrote:
>Has anyone found out how this could be made possible?
>I've been searching my archive of messages but found no answer to this query.

I am the author of the mail regarding the problem about linking two or more tables together.
I found out this problem working on Windows xp home edition (sp2) with gvSIG 1.1.2 and the first builds of gvSIG 1.9.

The problems I found out regards the "double link" in gvSIG.
When I link the table of the shapefile in the View (e.g. named A) with another table (e.g a dbf table named B) and I apply a filter on the table A everything works fine.
All records are filtered in both tables (A and B).
The View in gvSIG (about the table A) always reflects this change.

On the contrary, when I apply the "double link", that is, I link the table A with the table B through the same field and, then, the table B with the table A, always through the same field, the filter in BOTH directions doesn't work.
Obviously, the View in gvSIG is unchanged.
Worst of all, most of the time, gvSIG goes "out of memory" and, after a while, it crashes.
Maybe, at present,  the "double link" is not allowed with gvSIG?
A friend of mine has the same problem (always using gvSIG 1.1.2 on windows or the gvSIG 1.9 builds).

Best regards

Silvio

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail.yahoo.com/