Re: [Gvsig_english] Question about the new Junta de Castilla y Leòn extensions for gvSIG 1.1.2

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 13:22:28 CET 2009

I agree that these extensions are very useful. They would be good to
have as either a gvSIG 1.1.3 update or in 2.0.

What does "not working on Mac OS X" mean? Has anybody actually given
this a try or is it only due to lack of an OS X installer?

Ben

silvio grosso wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed on my computer the new extensions developed by the gvSIG's team for the Junta de Castilla y Leòn (Spain).
>
> The link to take a look at them is:
> http://www.jcyl.es/scsiau/Satellite/up/es/MedioAmbiente/Page/PlantillaN3/1234257445088/_/_/_?asm=jcyl&paginaNavegacion=&seccion=
>
> At present these extensions work only on windows xp or Linux:  sorry for Mac users :-(
> Most of the windows' menu are in Spanish.
> The recommended version for gvSIG is the 1.1.2.
> The pdf manual regarding the extensions is really complete and it is available only in Spanish. As a consequence, it is better to know a bit of Spanish before installing them :-)
>
> I read these extensions are going to be included in the upcoming gvSIG 2 release or, maybe, in a future gvSIG 1.1.3 version.
>
> My question is: are those extensions ready for a "production use" or is it better to wait to have them already installed in the upcoming gvSIG 2 release?
> On my personal computer with windows xp home edtion (sp2) they "seem" to work fine but I didn't test them a lot :-(
> At present, I am not sure whether or not I can install them at work :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvio
>

>       Passa a Yahoo! Mail.
>
> La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
> antispam e messenger integrato.
> http://it.mail.yahoo.com/

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES