Re: [Gvsig_english] Question about the new Junta de Castilla y Leòn extensions for gvSIG 1.1.2

Manuel Madrid madrid_man at gva.es
Tue Feb 24 15:04:15 CET 2009

Hello Silvio and all.

For the moment, this extension is not an official gvSIG product but
since the people from the Junta de Castilla y León (Regional Government
of Castilla y León) wants, it will be an official product soon. They
asked us about that and we were very happy with this idea. So we are
preparing the official release at the moment.

silvio grosso escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed on my computer the new extensions developed by the gvSIG's team for the Junta de Castilla y Leòn (Spain).
>
> The link to take a look at them is:
> http://www.jcyl.es/scsiau/Satellite/up/es/MedioAmbiente/Page/PlantillaN3/1234257445088/_/_/_?asm=jcyl&paginaNavegacion=&seccion=
>
> At present these extensions work only on windows xp or Linux:  sorry for Mac users :-(

In fact only Windows version has been released so far. We'll try to have
all three distributions.

> Most of the windows' menu are in Spanish.

We'll give the new strings to all our colaborators to be translated.

> The recommended version for gvSIG is the 1.1.2.
> The pdf manual regarding the extensions is really complete and it is available only in Spanish. As a consequence, it is better to know a bit of Spanish before installing them :-)

We must put the manual on the web to be translated on-line.

> I read these extensions are going to be included in the upcoming gvSIG 2 release or, maybe, in a future gvSIG 1.1.3 version.

You're right. We'll try to integrate them on the future gvSIG 2.0.

> My question is: are those extensions ready for a "production use" or is it better to wait to have them already installed in the upcoming gvSIG 2 release?
> On my personal computer with windows xp home edtion (sp2) they "seem" to work fine but I didn't test them a lot :-(
> At present, I am not sure whether or not I can install them at work :-)

As far as we know this extensión is now in production use so it's
supossed to be stable. We're now testing it without big problems.

We hope this extension is useful for you and I would like to take this
opportunity to thanks the people of the Junta de Castilla y León for
donating it.

Regards,
Manuel.