[Gvsig_english] Non official gvGIS for Windows Vista

John Ladd jwladd1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 03:48:56 CET 2009

Juan,

Your suggestion of using the Windows Classic theme in Vista permitted
the Raster Properties window to stay open so that I could make entries
and apply the entries.  I am trying to make the white background of a
tiff overlay transparent.  The tablas de color tells me that the white
areas are RGB (255,255,255).  After some experimentation I discovered
that I could obtain the desired transparency if I set the RGB values
to (0,0,0) in the transparency tab of the Raster Properties window.

When I save the project, quit svSIG, and then restart svSIG and open
the saved project, the white is again opaque.  The transparency
settings are not saved.

Again, thank you for your attention to this matter.

--
John Ladd
43 Hudson Watch Drive