[Gvsig_english] Version 2.0 final features vote?

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Tue Jan 13 11:31:27 CET 2009

Hi Benjamin,

> Yes, that was my original idea. As users, we do not know what
> your resources look like, but we can give you some impressions
> on what the demand "out there" looks like. It is up to you to
> decide whether you can fit those into your current development
> plans.
>
> If nothing else, a user wishlist might help drafting the roadmap for
> gvSIG releases after 2.0.

As Cesar told before, there are several subprojects under development, and they must be finished. For new subprojects developments community feedback is essential, so we'll take into account the user wishes (who knows better than the users what is useful).

> Also, seeing that gvSIG has now been in SVN for a while, it is
> quite possible that some external people will start contributing
> code soon and the "user-driven" development will start to become
> more significant once 2.0 has been released as a stable code base.

This kind of contribution is more than wellcome, of course.

> So I think it will be a good thing for the gvSIG project to promote
> some form of user participation in the code development.

Apart from contributions described in the Collaboration Website [1], it's necessary for us to organize so that this can be achieved. Good proposal.

[1] http://www.gvsig.org/web/home/community/participate

Regards, Miguel