[Gvsig_english] libJCRS: Error while choosing EPSG:21781 CRS (CH1903/LV03)

Maxence Laurent maxence.laurent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:32:25 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I get this error message "Java.lang.Exception: In proj4 Projection
Oblique Mercator not admit azimut close to 90"
when I choose the CH1903/LV03 CRS in view properties.

Although Proj4 explicitly requires an azimuth less than 90 and CH1903
require an azimuth equals to 90 (see

http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/en/home/topics/survey/sys/refsys/swiss_grid.html),
using the CH1903 CRS was ok in 1.x gvSIG version ...

I don't know how it was fixed in the previous gvSIG version, but a small
(and ugly) hack is to set the azimuth to 89.99999 in the CRS definition

The ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/swiss.pdf provides additional
information about Proj.4 and CH1903 CRS.

Reagards
    Maxence