[Gvsig_english] Gvsig postgis bug ?

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 12:37:43 CET 2009

I reported a seemingly related bug in the attribute table manager
dialog a while ago. It seems to me that gvSIG sometimes does an
internal conversion to lower case when it really should not.

E.g. you cannot rename a field "NAME" to "Name" in the attribute
table manager, because it tells you the field already exists.

I have also had trouble connecting to spatial databases for the
same reason.

The conversion seems to only happen when reading field names.
When writing field names, gvSIG honours capitalization.

Ben

Luca Manganelli wrote:
> I have a postgis table, exported from SHP with QGIS.
>
> This postgis table has field names in UPPERCASE characters.
>
> If I try to impost this table, gvSig throws a fatal error.
>
> If I use another table with lowercase characters, it works.
>
> This bug appears in gvSig 1.1.x and 1.9.x

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES