[Gvsig_english] WFS, Sextante

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 8 15:38:33 CEST 2009

Dietrich Schröder ha scritto:
> Antonio,
> I used the stable version. I have just now installed the nightly build.
> Unfortunately, there were some problems with GUI, the SEXTANTE toolbox was
> not properly accessible. It comes up with some additional window to
> configure the toolbox, but it didn't work. So I've used a workaround to test
> the vectorization, that is using the Modeler, here the tools are accessible.
> But he result is the same: overlapping polygons as you can see from the
> screenshot.

Dietrich,
you have three Sextante toolbars in this screenshot. Sextante nightly
build installation is quite tricky, however you can read and follow
carefully the detailed instructions contained into readme files of:
http://www.unex.es/eweb/sextantegis/sextante.zip
http://www.unex.es/eweb/sextantegis/sextante_gvsig_bindings.zip

> Yet I've not checked the topology approach, I will do that later.
>
> By the way, still I have the problem of deactivated tools in the modeler,
> even though I've loaded some vector layers. In particular, all the tool in
> "tools for polygon layers" are deactivated.

Note that you have to add *inputs* (e.g. raster layer, vector layer,
numerical value and so on...) directly into the modeler (indipendently
by layers in the ToC) in order to activate corresponding tools.
Instead, adding a layer in the ToC is needed in order to activate
corresponding tools only in the Sextante toolbar (not in the modeler).

Cheers,
Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano