[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9b on MS Vista

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 21 13:24:09 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I like to report the three main problems (according to my personal point
of view) I actually find with gvSIG 1.9b on MS Vista SP1 (JRE 1.6.0_14):

1) *raster driver*
it causes gvSIG crash in the following cases:
- if we try to add a raster layer;
- if we try to add a WMS or WCS layer;
- if we try to execute a Sextante tool/model which returns one or more
result raster layers.

2) *WCS layer*
WCS layers based on Mapserver returns a wcs_describeCoverage.xml with
loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.
The same WCS layers works fine on gvSIG 1.1.2 (on MS Vista too!)

3) *Jython support*
Jython console of gvSIG 1.1.2 and 1.9b doesn't run on MS Vista SP1 with
a JRE 1.6.0_x.
Sometime ago, I solved this problem for gvSIG 1.1.2 substituting
[gvSIG_1.1.2_folder]\bin\gvSIG\extensiones\com.iver.cit.gvsig\lib\jython-2.1.jar
with jython-2.2.1.jar deriving from the jython 2.2.1 installation [1]
(I have simply renamed jython.jar as jython-2.2.1.jar, adding the
version number to its filename). However, I have discovered that this
upgrade doesn't work with gvSIG 1.9b.

Does anyone have any hints about these questions?
Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,
Antonio

[1] http://downloads.sourceforge.net/jython/jython_installer-2.2.1.jar