[Gvsig_english] join and selection:: selection should remain after undoing join

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 15:17:38 CEST 2009

Dear list,
I have a question regarding the join function of gvsig 1.9x: after
having joined a table B to a source table A, I would like to make a
selection of the joined table. This selection should remain after the
join / link to table B is removed again. This is extremely helpful in
situations where the join does not completely work (key column does not
fit 100%). As reported earlier before, a frequent task for me is to use
the join function for the geocoding of addresses. Unfortunately, tables
I receive from external sources frequently contain wrong spelling of
those addresses. Consequently, the join will not work in any case. If
the selection would remain, I could very easily identify those records
with wrong spelled addresses.
Any comments are appreciated very much!

Best regards,
Wolfgang