[Gvsig_english] gvsig usb - absoltue 2 relative path

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jul 27 06:48:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

If you cannot change file paths to relative then you may try it another way by changing the USB drive letter with disk manager. Problem is that disk manager needs admin rights and you may not have those on foreign computers. But USB drive seems to remember the the drive letter assigned for it with disk manager somehow and other computers are trying to use the same letter if it is not reserved by other drives. I am using myself M: (for Mobile), if is usually free.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

samoth wrote:

[Gvsig_english] gvsig usb - absoltue 2 relative path

Dear List,

I'm using gvsig usb.

How can I change the drive letter in the *.gvp from absolute 2 relative path?
At different computers I get different drive letters with my usb.
Just doing e.g. from m:\.... to .\.... won't work. The project will
be loaded without my datas?

samoth