[Gvsig_english] Available the normalization extension for gvSIG 1.1.2

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 11:18:51 CEST 2009

Thanks for this, it is really useful.

I noticed some little issues with the user interface:

In the widget area that has the choices for field separators,
the third choice is labelled "Coma" in the Spanish interface.
In the English interface, it is "Colon", which is the ":"
character. In English, a "coma" is just a "comma" (assuming
that is what it should be).

Also, the top of the dialogue ("Data source") has a preview
of the data to import. It only shows the first three rows,
which is OK, but it is actually possible to make selections
in the list (also multiple line selections), which may suggest
to some users that they should be able to select the records to
be imported (in which case, however the widget would be missing
a scrollbar). I think the list entries should be non-selectable.

Finally, dialogue resizing behaviour is missing a minimum size
restriction. This allows users to decrease its size to a point
where some widgets get obscured. On low resolution screens,
some window managers might automatically set this dialogue
to too small a size and users will be wondering where the
buttons went (remember, that some interest in running gvSIG
on netbooks has already been voiced on this list).
Better to enforce a minimum size here.

Best,

Ben

comunicacion_gvsig at gva.es wrote:

> It is available already for gvSIG the normalization extension. This
> extension allows separating chains of text in different parts and
> storing them in table fields. These chains of text can have their origin
> in plain text files or in the different records of a table field.
>
> It is available in the Extensions section of the gvSIG web page
> (http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=2187&L=0&K=1%2C&L=2).
>

> Advice: To install this extension you must have correctly installed
> gvSIG 1.1.2 version.
>

> Please don't reply this email, if you wish to contact us, send an email to
> comunicacion_gvsig at gva.es

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Geospatial Consultant

Oxford Archaeology