[Gvsig_english] New English translation

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 16:29:34 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I have almost finished an update English translation of the gvSIG
UI that should be much clearer and consistent than what is currently
in SVN.

A few strings remain that have ambiguous meanings in Spanish or are
unclear to me (mostly because I have not been able to find the widget
where they appear).

It would be very helpful if all extension developers could take a
look at the list below and see if they can identify some of those
strings. For a precise translation to English, I need to know

1. Context: Where does the string appear in the UI?
2. Semantics: What does it mean? Is it an error message?
    Is it an option setting? Is it a tooltip or explanation?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

---

add_text_area
area_move_explanation
area_scaling_explanation
arguments_added_to_a_constant
at_begin
at_best
at_end
at_field
at_fields
at_the_bottom
barra
calculated_in
coincidir_tamanyo
color_interpretation_continue
configurationParameters
couldnt_load_panels_from_exension_point_exception
creaction
crsRepeat
crsview
date_value
densityfication (exactly how does this relate to line segment length?)
displayAllItemsWithArrowButtonConfigurationLabel
dynamic_* (in what context are these used?)
fields_of_the_selected_feature_explanation
fuente (sometimes "Font", sometimes "Source"!)
has_bad_format
increase_statistics
incremento_recorte
indexar_campos
invalid_value_for_gap
it_will_not_be_added
keep_the_order_of_values
lineal_directo
maintain_old (refers to "searches" or "search results"?)
media_phase
mediante_el_separador
mosaico_tooltip (no information value!?)
mostrar_puntos
muestra
Multi_layer_selection_applied_for_influence_area
New_field_name_proposed__
no_acumulado
numero_decimales_mostra
opciones_separacion