[Gvsig_english] A wish for the future

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 10:18:49 CEST 2009

Hi Wolfgang

Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> hi list,
> small wish: one thing that makes usage of gvSIG sometimes a little bit
> hard: error messages that won't allow you to continue the work: although
> the warning/error window has a button "OK", it is not possible to close
> that litte window. It just pops up again and again and ... It would be
> great if this could be a little less "dominant".

This may be because your system's window manager keeps giving focus
to the wrong window. The window that signaled the error needs to
be closed first, otherwise it will keep signaling and the error
message will keep popping up. If the window manager makes a bad placing
decision (which happens frequently), the window you need to close
first may be hidden behind the error message window. Try dragging
windows around a bit until you find the one that needs to be closed
first. Close all other tool windows before you attempt to close
the error window.

There are now only some very rare cases left where error windows
actually pop up in an interminable fashion.

> Another thing that
> happens every now and then: dialogues are minimized (roll up) in a way
> that only the headline of it is visible. I am using a debian derivate
> with kde on it (maybe this is important to know), and it is sometimes
> very hard to get the content of the dialogue reappear again.

I am guessing this is some specific behavior of your window manager,
as roll-up actions are non-standard and only implemented by some
window managers. Try disabling the roll-up action in your desktop
settings if possible.

Hope this helps,

Ben

--