[Gvsig_english] A wish for the future

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Thu Jun 18 13:14:05 CEST 2009

If I got the question right,
In such cases what I do is to create a new view and copy all the toc but the conflictive layer to the new one. After
that deleting the old view allow me to restart working.

> Hello Benjamin,
> thanks for your comment. Regarding the error window: that window occured
> after creating an event theme. I closed the view - afterwards, the error
> window could be closed. But this does not really solve my problem, as
> the window will appear again once I have opened the view again. It was
> not possible for me to remove the new event theme from the view. Strange.
> >
> > This may be because your system's window manager keeps giving focus
> > to the wrong window. The window that signaled the error needs to
> > be closed first, otherwise it will keep signaling and the error
> > message will keep popping up. If the window manager makes a bad placing
> > decision (which happens frequently), the window you need to close
> > first may be hidden behind the error message window. Try dragging
> > windows around a bit until you find the one that needs to be closed
> > first. Close all other tool windows before you attempt to close
> > the error window.
> >

> > I am guessing this is some specific behavior of your window manager,
> > as roll-up actions are non-standard and only implemented by some
> > window managers. Try disabling the roll-up action in your desktop
> > settings if possible.
> >
> Will try this. Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Wolfgang

Dr. Agustín Diez Castillo
Departament de Prehistòria i Arqueologia
Phone:   +34 963 86 42 42
Avda. Blasco Ibañez, 28   Fax:      +34 963 86 42 34
València 46010