[Gvsig_english] Join and gvSIG - wish regarding joined tables

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at muenchen.de
Thu Jun 18 14:22:20 CEST 2009

Hi list,
the hint from Ruth regarding the "import fields" function of gvSIG was
very helpful. I only run into trouble if the key is not correct.
Therefore, I would like to use the join first in order to identify those
records that have a wrong key. I would like to mark those rows with -
let's say - new column. For this, it would be necessary to select the
rows with no join (within the joined table) and then create a new field,
use the field calculator and add the necessary information. However, it
is not possible to do this. It is possible to select certain rows of a
joined table, but the selection will disappear if the join is removed.
Second option would be to directly edit the joined table. But this is
also impossible, as editing a joined table is not possible in gvSIG. The
"Start editing" option is greyed out.
It's not a big problem, if your table is small, but with thousands of
rows it will worry you quite a bit...

Best,
Wolfgang
--

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm