Re: [Gvsig_english] Question about the new Junta de Castilla y Leòn extensions for gvSIG 1.1.2

Squidjag colin.east at geospatial-ict.com.au
Sun Mar 1 06:35:25 CET 2009

Hi Manuel,

I have been very interested in an open-source, non-mobile, GIS with GPS
functionality for field data capture (e.g. condition audits on
infrastructure assets like roads). I looked at the Junta de Castilla y Leòn
link but have absolutely no idea about Spanish! I have two questions. 1. if
I install the extension would it be possible for a non-Spanish person to
'guess' how to configure the GPS input? 2. When it becomes an official
extension, will it have English menus and dialogs?

Also, when will the preparations for the official release be complete?

Cheers

Colin

Hello Silvio and all.

For the moment, this extension is not an official gvSIG product but
since the people from the Junta de Castilla y León (Regional Government
of Castilla y León) wants, it will be an official product soon. They
asked us about that and we were very happy with this idea. So we are
preparing the official release at the moment.