[Gvsig_english] Compiling gvSIG 1.1.2 for 64 bit openSUSE Linux - iver-utiles

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 15:46:35 CET 2009

Hi,

I have managed to compile gvSIG 1.1.2 on 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 using Eclipse. However, I encountered a number of problems. Many of the build paths for the jar files were incorrect, but I corrected these.

Unfortunately, one jar file is missing completely from the source download, it is iver-utiles.jar . I managed to find iver-utiles in the download for the i586 compiled version and copied this across. I was then able to successfully compile gvSIG. However, on running the program it crashes. I cannot remember the exact error message off the top of my head (I am at work now and I compiled it at home), but it was something to do with com.iver .... blah blah . So, I think the problem is to do with the iver-utiles.jar file that I copied across, perhaps because it is a 32 bit jar in a 64 bit program?

If the problem is the iver-utiles.jar, how do I obtain the correct version for compiling? I think that it is quite bad that there this file is missing from the source!

Regards,

John W.