[Gvsig_english] annotation and shape centroids

Nik Go nikolai.go at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:53:35 CET 2009

>From the tip I got from this mailing list, I've been (ab)using  the export
to>annotation to determine shape feature centroids.

I just found out that though it works in many cases, it doesn't always work.
For example, I have a shape file with 6,845 records, and the annotation
shape that was generated was only 5,053. That's a lot of missing data there.
What happened to 1,792 features?

I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu 8.10, and tested this on gvSIG 1.9a (build 1221 )
and 1.1.2 (build 1045).

So, what's a reliable way of determining the feature centroids and their
geographic coordinates?