[Gvsig_english] gvSIG's videos tutorials: some questions

Patricia Mendez patriciamendez7 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 10:41:51 CET 2009

----- Mensaje original -----
De: silvio grosso <grossosilvio at yahoo.it>
Enviado: Domingo, 22 de Marzo de 2009 07:18
Para: gvsig_internacional at runas.cap.gva.es
Asunto: [Gvsig_english] gvSIG's videos tutorials: some questions

Hello everybody,

I have just discovered some cool videos in Spanish createad by Augustin Angel Diez Castillo (University of Valencia; Spain).
The link is: http://mmedia.uv.es/index?way=visited&f=tc.category_id&w=212
Actually, I had already watched many of them on you-tube. The link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-HEKqQg9I.
Nevertheless, these "last" gvSIG's videos present in the "Multimedia Server of Aula Virtual" of the University of Valencia are really better.
Their quality is much greater than those in you-tube.
Compared to you-tube, for instance, you can read all menus :-)

I have only 3 little "shortcomings" to point out: they are really trivial so bear with me :-)
Besides, I am sure they are probably related to my problems with Spanish :-)

1. When you choose the category "Archeology" you discover there are 31 resources.
The first page in the Archeology section contains gvSIG's videos.
When you click next at the bottom of the page to take a look at the following gvSIG's videos I can't understand why the new videos in the next page are not related with gvSIG or Archeology?
The same thing happens when I want to find all gvSIG resources by clicking in the window to find them (I write gvSIG as option and confirm it).
The firs page "works" but I can't find a way to leaf through all pages.
To make it short, I didn't understand how to take a look at all gvSIG videos easily :-)

2. The second little problem regards some recent videos. I can't find a way to watch them.
For example therea are some recent videos at the link: http://mmedia.uv.es/index?f=_all&w=gvsig
The video "9_gvsig_gps_mac.flv" doesn't start. It hangs forever on my browser.
The video "8 calculadora_de_campos.mov" has the same problem. I tried to download or to start it to no avail.
I tried both Firefox 3.0.7 and Interent Explorer 7 both installed on my PC with windows xp (sp2).

3. Just out of curiosity, I didn't understand why not all videos have the option to download them (by clicking on the button downloa

[No se incluye el mensaje original entero]