[Gvsig_english] geoprocessing

Mithoefer, Klaus kmithoefer at icipe.org
Wed Mar 25 11:59:16 CET 2009

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the reply. If I leave 'Map Units' as Meters and 'Measuring Units' as Kilometers I get the correct result, that is true. But this is exactly what surprises me, that these two settings influence each other. To me, 'Map Units' is the basic setting for the map which influences the geoprocessing. If its Kilometer, the buffer should be 50 km, if its meter, the buffer should be 50 meter, no matter what kind of 'Measuring Units' is use later to measure the buffer.

Nevertheless, I get the result correct but I have a problem understanding the circumstances.

Thanks a gain and best regards,

Klaus