[Gvsig_english] GvSIG 1.9 bug hunt?

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:12:58 CEST 2009

Benjamin Ducke escribió:
>>> Do I understand right that 1.9 is basically a continuation
>>> of the 1.X code base, whereas 2.0 will be based on the
>>> refactored code?
>>
>> Yes, that's right.
>>
>>   César
>>

> In that case: how about organizing a community bug hunt
> at some point before 1.9 gets released?
> Maybe a month or so before the release, all users could
> download the same set of sample data (e.g. I'd have some fairly
> rich dataset from North Carolina available) and start intensively
> testing all functionality they are interested in on that same
> data. That should make reproducing problems easy.
>
> I am talking bug hunting only, no feature requests.
>
> Ben

We will probably release a beta version very soon, and it would be a
good idea to focus the bug hunting on that version.

Our testing team is preparing something to coordinate the testing
efforts, so I think they will suggest some guidelines and data to use.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you are able to find more bugs than we are
able to fix... but we'll squeeze the biggest ones at least.

Best regards,

   César

>>> http://www.iver.es