[Gvsig_english] NavTable - new gvSIG Extension

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue May 26 11:14:01 CEST 2009

I just tried the NavTable extension a little and found it
very useful! The user interface seems pretty self-explanatory.

In fact, there is only two small features that I find sorely
missing:

1. More direct interaction Map -> NavTable

What I mean is a little tool in the NavTable which, while
activated allows me to click on a spatial feature in the View,
flashes that feature for visual feedback and jumps straight
to the attribute record for the feature in the NavTable.

2. A way to automatically save edits when switching to
the next feature, w/o having to click the little disk
icon.

As it stands, there should also at least be a warning
that changes will be lost if not before the user
switches records.

Many thanks,

Ben

Juan Ignacio Varela García (Nacho Uve) wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
>     1. Is the extension only available in Spanish?
>

> It is available in English also. New translation files of other
> languages are welcome.
>
>     2. Is editing table data also possible?
>

> Not in this version. Maybe in the next one!
>
>     3. What version(s) of gvSIG does this run with? 1.1.2? 1.9 Alpha?
>

> Actually, It works in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. We have plans to adapt NavTable
> before official release of gvSIG 1.9 and 2.0.
>
> Best regards,
> Nacho Varela

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Geospatial Consultant