[Gvsig_english] GvSIG 1251

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 11:59:04 CET 2009

Dear developers

I am just writing to let you know how
impressed I am with the latest build of gvSIG.
It feels significantly more smooth and robust than 1.1.2
and I cannot think of many significant missing
features. There still are bugs, of course, but they
are more and more cosmetics; it is getting hard to find
anything critical.

Two or three years ago, when being asked for a functional
open source alternative to expensive closed source desktop
GIS, I would be unsure what to answer. Now it seems
so obvious.

I am looking forward to deploying gvSIG 1.9 on many desktops
at our company, in research institutions and homes.

Thanks for your hard work,

Ben

===

Benjamin Ducke